Saturday, September 24, 2005

This is just to say*...

not to worry, your plums are fine.

And I have finished my comprehensive exam, which is a huge load off my mind; it was beginning to make me feel physically ill. Another undesirable side effect began to manifest itself about a week ago, when I was so overcome by the stress of it all that I decided to trim my hair. The trimming has lasted all week, because it kept having to be evened out, and now I must immediately go to the nearest salon and have them even it out, and then I should throw my scissors in the trash (I won't, but I should).

I am scheduled to begin stressing out over my creative component this Tuesday.

*One of my favorite poems, for no particular reason that I can figure out (since I didn't particularly like the one about the chickens and the rainwater):

This Is Just to Say
by William Carlos Williams
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica rabbit said...

Well, I've always heard that men were easy...

That poem always reminds me of Faith. It's exactly the kind of thing she'd do, totally enjoying the plums while she was eating them and then apologizing afterwards.

9:32 PM  
Blogger jim said...

yeah... we really are that easy. But its also a great poem.

I always wanted to hear a response piece to that starting out with something like: could you please replace them.

Plums are really good and I feel like even in the light of such an eloquent excuse, it would only earn you forgiveness not prevent restitution.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd really, really like to read the poem about the chickens and the rainwater...

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home