Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sun Poisoning and Intestinal Distress

Last week was dead week, and last night I had my last final exam of the semester. Celebrated with mediocre Italian food from the Spaghetti Warehouse and large pitchers of peach and raspberry sangria. Sangria was excellent. Also discovered this champagne/peach schnapps/mango puree cocktail called a tango mango bellini. Despite the fruity name, quite good. I love champagne cocktails. In fact, I like to drink champagne whenever possible, because it can turn any day into a celebration. ::hic::

Last weekend, Matt and I went to the AVP tournament in Austin (professional volleyball), had some Mexican food at a place in North Central Austin with margaritas so fantastic that you're only allowed to have three, went to an arts and music festival on Pecan St. (6th street), and, of course, saw Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I was ashamed to have forgotten to bring my towel with me to the showing.

Sadly, I'm still suffering the repercussions of the weekend's excesses - which do not include excess alcohol consumption, I'd like to add, despite the notable focus on alcohol so far in this post. Rather, I lost probably 5 pounds on Monday from...intestinal distress...that I can only assume was caused by the fantastic salsa at the aforementioned Mexican place. In addition, my forehead and lower lip began to swell slowly but noticeably on Monday, reaching peak size in the evening. Still deflating. I had horrible dizziness and almost passed out several times, so retired sensibly to bed after my final instead of participating in the post-exam celebration at McNellie's, an Irish pub on 1st St. in Tulsa.

Have plans to stay in bed with leisure reading material most of today and tomorrow before Cinco de Mayo celebration Thursday evening and departure for Asia on Friday. Will probably lose lots of weight in Asia due to complete lack of dairy there. Very excited about going to Japan, and plan to take lots of pictures there of strange Japanese fashion victims as seen in America's Next Top Model.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home