Tuesday, March 22, 2005

CIA Agents and Desk Calendars

It has often been said that the desk calendar is the window to the soul. I can look at my old calendars and instantly relive periods of my life. I can look at my boyfriend's desk calendar and tell you exactly what he's been doing and thinking over the last month. Work meetings, volleyball, basketball picks, my phone number, and the name "Heidi Klum" scrawled in the margin. I can follow entire trains of thought, expecially from the margin scribblings.

If I were a spy ("Rabbit. Jessica Rabbit"), all I'd need is 5 minutes with your desk calendar and your trash can, and I'd know exactly what you were up to. It's downright spooky. Throw in the history on your computer, and you have no secrets. It's more revealing and true than a journal; you censor a journal, but do you remember to censor your desk calendar?

1 Comments:

Blogger jessica rabbit said...

It's scary, isn't it? I'm sometimes appalled at how unwittingly transparent I've made my thoughts when I look at piles of old post-it notes. I then have to hastily purge the evidence.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home